» Download Free Avenir Ttf
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:08 pm by janthemay

» Crack Speedmaxpc 3.1.6 Licence
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 pm by janthemay

» Horimouja Book Japanese Design Part 2 Torrent
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 pm by janthemay

» S H I E L D S02e08
Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am by janthemay

» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

Top posting users this month

Share | 

The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kisame
Rupt Admin

PostSubject: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 pm

As you all know we've been around for a long, long time, some longer than others. We are among the last remaining sites of our kind, with any activity. However, lately it seems that the activity on both the forum and the chat has been diminishing. And while there is more I could say about the entire site and its population that frequents here, I know most of you have short attention spans or don't really feel like reading a huge amount of text outside of school, so I'll keep it short.

We need more members or we need a change of pace. Whatever we can do to increase activity. A different game to focus on for a couple months. Or just more members who are new to pokemon or looking for a challenge. So what I ask of you all is to advertise the site to people anywhere, at least once a week, one advertisement. Also at least once a week make a relevant post in the forums. Join in on the conversations on here, not just the chat. Join the Mafia game, we could make it a weekly thing. Or have a weekly tournament, hosted by a different member each week.

If you have any more suggestions I'll gladly hear them out and take them into consideration. Any stupid remarks will be deleted.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/kisame88
Faggot canadian
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:03 am

youtube, make a pokerupt channel.
advertise with videos showing events and show casing good battles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pteraclaww
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 am

Hopefully this doesn't count as a stupid remark, Kisame, but how are we supposed to advertise this site on other forums when, by the rules of this site, we are not allowed to become members of other forums?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php
Lon
★★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 am

Silver wrote:
youtube, make a pokerupt channel.
advertise with videos showing events and show casing good battles
Did That. We Have Several Memebers With PLenty Of Subscirbers Who Are Advertising Us Doesn't Help

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSVD
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 pm

wernt we making our own pokedex once, i think we should make a b/w dex with our members custom sets. that could atract some people knowing that are some 5thgen sets posted other than smogon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rodriginater
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm

well i have some suggestions well ill just talk

1. Ive noticed a couple of times that some people that are new come dont really know the metagame or the tiers well or at all so we shpuld help them out a little by teaching them how to make teams, sets, strategies, etc. but ive also seen that peole saying noob, retard and all that to people like that which could change their mind by leaving the site and all that shiz

2. people actually trying to be active unless ur doing something else

3. BRING MAFIA BACK!11!!!!!1! :DD

4. Actually trying to be serious but not too serious and still goof around but not extremely

5. (This will be difficult to some people) No banning for shitz and giggles to "new" people since they are new and if you ban them they might think that every mod/admin and they will leave and sometimes might try to get their "friends" to spam us and chaos will happen but thats to new people around u can continue on with the well known or people who actually have fun :DD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/rodriginater
Lon
★★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:18 pm

rodriginater wrote:

1. Ive noticed a couple of times that some people that are new come dont really know the metagame or the tiers well or at all so we shpuld help them out a little by teaching them how to make teams, sets, strategies, etc. but ive also seen that peole saying noob, retard and all that to people like that which could change their mind by leaving the site and all that shiz

4. Actually trying to be serious but not too serious and still goof around but not extremely

5. (This will be difficult to some people) No banning for shitz and giggles to "new" people since they are new and if you ban them they might think that every mod/admin and they will leave and sometimes might try to get their "friends" to spam us and chaos will happen but thats to new people around u can continue on with the well known or people who actually have fun :DD

To Answer #1 I Was Working On Opening a Tutor Section So We Could Put That into Effect
#2 And #3 Are The Same If Were Active Mafia Will be No Problem
#5 is Easy As Long As Were Actually Teaching Them Something

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Legen2dkiller

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Im not sure if this is Good But Let me give it a try Since Silver Idea was kinda good We can also Make a Facebook Group Call Pokerupt and let people join Trust me Alot of people will come A facebook group is a Good Idea Im trying to also get people but Mostly they are trouble Or we should all get together and what we can do Like A MEETING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nubagator
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 pm

dimminishing...NOOOOOOOOOO! Imma advertise the sh*t out of this place, and I like the make a smogon style 5th gen set section. I'd gladly work on a project for that, and post tons of sets for tons of guys. I like that idea, cause it hasn't been done, and it gives us more trafic if ppl come here to see good gen 5 sets. but I think the main reason for less activity is school, most of the fourms are slowing down recently. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisame
Rupt Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 am

Pteraclaww wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't count as a stupid remark, Kisame, but how are we supposed to advertise this site on other forums when, by the rules of this site, we are not allowed to become members of other forums?

No I don't mean to advertise on other forums, but sites where advertising is acceptable. Like viper said, Facebook is a good one. Theres also YouTube, sites like that.

SuperSVD wrote:
wernt we making our own pokedex once, i think we should make a b/w dex with our members custom sets. that could atract some people knowing that are some 5thgen sets posted other than smogon

Yes, we were, but we all got lazy and thats why we're here now discussing it lol. SVD has already made that topic: http://www.pokerupt.com/pokemon-discussion-f10/creative-original-movsets-black-and-white-t417.htm for those who haven't seen it yet. If you can post them there, I'll stop being lazy and get them done the professional way we were once doing. Also if anyone knows HTML and would like to assist in that area, please let me know. Five people doing one page each per day would be excellent.

Legen2dkiller wrote:
Im not sure if this is Good But Let me give it a try Since Silver Idea was kinda good We can also Make a Facebook Group Call Pokerupt and let people join Trust me Alot of people will come A facebook group is a Good Idea Im trying to also get people but Mostly they are trouble Or we should all get together and what we can do Like A MEETING

A Facebook group is a good idea, but some of our members prefer to keep pokemon out of their real lives, it would only serve to attract new members, so it wouldn't include some of our current members who also use Facebook. You can be in charge of the Pokerupt Facebook group Alex.

Nubagator wrote:
dimminishing...NOOOOOOOOOO! Imma advertise the sh*t out of this place, and I like the make a smogon style 5th gen set section. I'd gladly work on a project for that, and post tons of sets for tons of guys. I like that idea, cause it hasn't been done, and it gives us more trafic if ppl come here to see good gen 5 sets. but I think the main reason for less activity is school, most of the fourms are slowing down recently. cat

I like your enthusiasm. Go for it! :] I also agree that school is probably the reason for low activity and we can't or shouldn't interfere with people's education but mehhh, if they can't show up due to schoolwork then we can't blame them.

rodriginater wrote:

1, Yeah, we should be nicer. But some of those people can't spell properly, even for a chat box and that is incredibly frustrating for some reason.
2. lol School.
3. kk.
4. I'm trying right now. :DD
5. Back to #1. We should be more tolerant of people with spelling problems, disabilities and such, like Silver for instance. He has cancer, so be nice. I'm also writing standards and guides for mods so it should bring banning for lulz to a minimum. Another reason for this reckless banning is due to the fact that we aren't just a chatroom. The forum is the main part of this site, the chat is just an added bonus, and if they aren't posting in the forums, it gives us the impression that they aren't really members but just visitors. So banning them doesn't seem like a big deal.
So it may seem terrible but:

Posting in the forums = Less chance of getting banned in chat.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/kisame88
SGDonZ
★★★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:58 am

It's simple. Be nice to each other and newcomers.
Think about it. It doesn't exactly help banning them for saying something wrong or call the newcomers newfags.
Most of us say something stupid all the time. The rules apply for all of us. It's all about respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pteraclaww
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 am

Kisame wrote:
Pteraclaww wrote:
No I don't mean to advertise on other forums, but sites where advertising is acceptable. Like viper said, Facebook is a good one. Theres also YouTube, sites like that·
Right. Gotcha.

I've got some friends from school that I'll try to get to join the site. (One of which is dyslexic, and gets quite annoyed when people give out to him for his spelling.) Aside from that, I'll join the facebook group (though I'm not going to add anybody, sorry), and I've just put the link for Pokérupt up on my (relatively unheard-of) Youtube page.

I've had a few ideas for Generation V movesets, but half of my ideas never work out, and I don't have Black or White, so I've been hesitant to post anything up. I hadn't thought of the potential publicity, though. I think I'll try some things out. May end up asking a lot of questions, though, first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php
cactushh5
★★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am

rodriginater wrote:

1. Yeah we need to be nicer to noobs who want to learn some things, they might have short attention spans but we should try to help them in the best way possible.

2. Yeah people are active but if they don't play pokemon we shouldn't care as long as they are not disturbing anyone else or being a dumb mofo.

3. YIR seems almost impossible though :{

4. mhm

5. Yeah some of our mods used to like playing with ban hammers or just banning people that aren't too smart. I don't ban people unless there really annoying, causing trouble or just getting on everyone's nerves but i unban them the next day or until they pm me saying sorry for causing trouble.

To everyone: On the forums and in the chatbox dont be shy to jump into the conversation, just don't be annoying.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/cactushh5
SuperSVD
★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 am

i still got these bunch of event pokes that i can use as prizes. we can make a topic saying how you can win some

EX: Have posted 100 times in the forum ( choose 1 of these events)
Have Beaten all our gyms ( Choose 2 of these events)
and so on and so on

that might make some people want to stay to win some prizes, and participate in our community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cactushh5
★★★

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:49 pm

SuperSVD wrote:
i still got these bunch of event pokes that i can use as prizes. we can make a topic saying how you can win some

EX: Have posted 100 times in the forum ( choose 1 of these events)
Have Beaten all our gyms ( Choose 2 of these events)
and so on and so on

that might make some people want to stay to win some prizes, and participate in our community.

lol me and kisame thought of that before, but people these days have ar and r4 I don't think events are enough to satisfy them competitive players. It might work on newer players that aren't skilled that much though it's worth a shot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/cactushh5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.   

Back to top Go down

The Pokerupt State of the Union Address.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokerupt :: General Discussions :: Suggestions/Feedback and Announcements-
Jump to: