» Download Free Avenir Ttf
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:08 pm by janthemay

» Crack Speedmaxpc 3.1.6 Licence
Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 pm by janthemay

» Horimouja Book Japanese Design Part 2 Torrent
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 pm by janthemay

» S H I E L D S02e08
Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am by janthemay

» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

Top posting users this month

Share | 

Jhang's OU Team - The Ever Evolving Team - Gen V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jhang

PostSubject: Jhang's OU Team - The Ever Evolving Team - Gen V   Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 pm

So I decided, with all these gyms up, that I better start OUing it up. This is my current PO team for OU, with the theme of fast offense. It lacks stealth rock, but carries rapid spin support. It has fairly weak defenses, and emphasizes power. Take a look, and give me feedback:

#1: Zephyrus - The Trickster

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty ( Spe, -Def)

~ Rain Dance
~ Taunt
~ Thunder
~ Hammer Arm

This is secretly Tornadus, as Thundurus is on the chopping block for being kicked upstairs into Ubers, and provides a few useful tools for me while it lasts. With Prankster, blistering speed, and monstrous special attack, it can function a variety of roles on my team. Taunt allows it to both lead, stall break, and stop Ferrothorn cold, while Rain Dance was picked to eliminate weather effects, as well as give a boost to Starmie and Hydreigon's surf. Thunder has great synergy with Rain Dance, and is a good tool on Drizzle teams. Hammer Arm rounds out the set to hit steel types hard, as welll as T-Tar and Ferrothorn. Life Orb gives it extra oomph in it's attackers.

However, all is not dandy with the soon to be Uber pokemon. While the electric/flying typing provides solid defense, ice and rock attacks are an ever present threat. While Thundurus has high speed and power at it's disposal, priority attacks can often catch it, and it cannot outrun all scarf users. Starmie's Ice Beam comes to mind.

#2: Sam The Seed- The Bruiser

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk /56 SpDef
Nature: Adamant ( Atk, -SpAtk)

~ Mach Punch
~ Drain Punch
~ Bulk Up
~ Payback/Stone Edge

Oooooh lordie. Conkeldurr. WIth Flame Orb, Guts, and a 140 base attack, it is my new, personal Honchkrow of Gen V OU, and with about the same lifespan. Mach Punch and Drain Punch make for a two-speed powerhouse, Mach Punch giving Conkle the priority he needs to rip faces off, and Drain Punch to eat the faces, recovering health. If he can set up, Bulk Up makes him even harder to stop, boosting his defense and offense by a considerable margin. Finally, Payback and Stone Edge have been trading places as I test this team out more; Payback helps deal with troublesome psychic and ghost types that appear, while stone edge takes the edge off those troublesome flying types.

The EVs are spread around to give Conkeldurr the rounded 401 HP, Maximum attack, and some boost in Special Defense to cover that weak spot. Likewise, the Adamant nature is to maximize his offense, leaving a total attack of 416, and after Guts, 624, and after one Bulk-Up, 832. Unfortunately, while this raw power means Mach Punch can kill a whole lot of things, it comes at the price of survivability. It's piss-poor speed likewise leaves it at the mercy of bulky flying and psychics such as Latios/Latias or Gliscor. As Burn grinds down it's defenses, it can't stay in the field long, and while bulk up will keep it in one piece, it simply won't last forever. I have the greatest success when it comes out in the late game, or at least after the major threats are dealt with.

#3: Patrick- The Spinner

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpAtk /4 SpDef/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid( Spe, -Atk)

~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt

Well, I must say. With Thundurus doing it's best to keep stealth rocks from landing in the field, I needed a rapid spinner whose secondary function is face ripping. Starmie fulfills this task admirably with solid faceripping power. With a blazing base 115 speed and a solid base 100 special attack, it can hit hard with both Surf and Thunderbolt. Recover helps shake off life orb damage, as well as regular hits from switch in. Finally, if Thundurus doesn't do his job, Rapid Spin removes field effects.

While Starmie makes good offensive support, it's defenses leave a lot to be desired. The weakness against Ferrothorn's Power Whip is a problem, and Starmie can't dick around with the prickly foe for long. Likewise, Pursuit is still an ugly presence, and while Starmie has a lot of oomph, it doesn't have enough oomph without rain support. Thundurus can give a few rounds of respite with rain dance, but Starmie really can only last long enough to finish off enemies.

#4: George W. Pigbush - The Hammer

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly ( Spe, -SpAtk)

~ Ice Shard
~ Icicle Crash
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

This is one of the 'soft spots' in my party. Wanting something that murderfaces Dragon Types, Mamoswine brings great coverage in the form of Ice and Ground off a base 130 attack, and with base 80 speed, he can even sneak up on slower pokemon to deliver kills. The real jewel with Mamoswine, at least to me, is Ice Shard. Ice Shard is the premier revenge killer, stop against Dragon Dance sweeps, and makes even the fastest Landorus and Gliscor tremble at the prospects of catching x4 damage. Flying types cringes, grass types tremble, and ground types gnash their teeth. Icicle Crash is just icing to deal with pokemon unfortunate enough to be slower than the pig-elephant with powerful stab damage. Earthquake shares this same role, and expands Mamoswine's coverage to hit steel types hard. Stone Edge rounds out the set, raising hell to the fire, bug, flying, and opposing ice types. Snow Cloak is my ability of choice here, and while I hardly encounter hail teams, and resistance against fire and ice is a welcome gift to Mamoswine, losing Ice Shard is not. Stupid DW pokemon crap.

However, Mamoswine is UU for a reason, and the OU metagame is a frightening place. While Choice Band turns it into a regular cannon, the ice/ground typing proves itself a dangerous mix. Ferrothorn finds it's attack power adorable, and will respond with power rape if given the chance. The bulky waters of Rotom-W and Jellicent likewise cause problems for Mamoswine. And naturally, Conkeldurr will just punch pig. Volcarona's typing gives it defenses against Mamoswine's attacks and it can often outrun Mamoswine and try to tear off it's snout with powerful fire attacks. Earthquake will kill any Volcarona without HP investment, if he can catch it on the switch in. With Fighting, Fire, Grass, and Water being the deadliest tools against Mamoswine, it needs to know when the run.

#5: Scylla - The Destroyer

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest( SpAtk, -Atk)

~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~ Surf
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dark Pulse

Meet special cannon no 1. Hydreigon is the pseudo-legendary of Gen V, and brings to the table the highest special attack of them. Running off a base 125 special, base 98 speed, and with a good bulk of 98/90/90, it carries a good special movepool as well, letting it slam down a wide range of attacks. It's typing provides unique weaknesses and defenses, making it vurnable to nasty bug and fighting attacks, as well as the usual dragon and ice, but also provide resistance to dark and immunity to psychic attacks. The ability levitate covers its defensive bases further, allowing it two safe switch ins, and an assured safe switch out.

It's attacks are designed to unleash raw power while being tough enough to survive the strike back. Draco Meteor is a prime choice for the hit and run style of the pokemon, unleashing a stab 150 blast against anything that decides it is funny to stand around. Steel types might enjoy the switch in. They might regret the raw power. Dark Pulse expands coverage, giving it another stab to throw at wayward ghost and psychics. Flamethrower and Surf round out the coverage, making Hydreigon unpredictable to switch into. Fire Blast has been floated as an alternative to Flamethrower, trading accuracy and PP for raw power.

While Hydreigon lacks the double-weaknesses that some dragons bear, the expanded weakness pools gives it more generic threats. The most dangerous lies in the weakness against two dangerous priority attacks: Ice Shard and Mach Punch. Both tend to come from physically beefy pokemon that would love nothing more than to come in on Hydreigon, and make each of those heads get all slurpy. The weakness against bug and dragon types makes Hydreigon sensitive to dragon types already in the field, and due to a lack of dragon dance, especially weak against the ever popular DD sweepers. Likewise, while Volcarona may be sore about Mamoswine, Hydreigon is delicious set up bait for Mothra, short of predicted surf.

#6: Ignis Fatuus- The Avenger

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid( Spe, -Atk)

~ Overheat
~ Energy Ball
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Ground/Fighting/Ice

Special Cannon Number 2. Slightly worse bulk than Hydreigon, and hits harder before specs with a non-special boosting nature, Chandelure makes a rude statement as a spin-blocker. A base 145 Special Attack is basically the hook of Chandelure, and the ghost typing is just extra candy. Chandelure hits harder than many life orb users, and with a decent base speed of 80, it is perfect for choice scarf revenge killing. As an added bonus, the ghost typing, when mixed with Flash Fire, gives Chandelure three safe switch ins, with proper prediction. Overheat plays well with the hit and run nature of a choice set, unleashing A STAB 140 Base Power attack with life orb strength. Energy Ball provides coverage against bulky water/ground and rock types that would like to come in on fire attacks, and shadow ball is an effective STAB attack that has neutral coverage over many pokemon.

Right now the soft power is Hidden Power Ground or Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran hard, on average a OHKO against a choice scarf set, who normally could come into any of those three attacks and chase Chandy out. Hidden Power Fighting is another good choice, as while it only 2HKOs a Heatran -sometimes-, it can 2HKO the dreaded Scarf Tyranitar. However, Hidden Power Ice makes a great tool in smacking back at dragon and flying types that may switch in, given more well rounded coverage especially in rain.

Chandelure has loads of weaknesses, and the fire typing doesn't help with it. Anything that can survive it's attempt at running down and killing it has a wide choice of counter-attacks. While it's defenses are enough to survive neutral attacks, it is weak to both ground and rock, meaning the ever common Stone Edge and Earthquake can catch it. Heatran is a good example of a pokemon that can usually switch in safely, and maul it. Solid water attacks like Surf can do the same, though they are less common, and more importantly, ghost and dark types are common enough to be a significant threat. The biggest threat is the pursuit weakness it bears, meaning that it can be easily revenge killed.

Closing Remarks:

While this isn't my first OU team, this is where I am going to take off. Critism is appreciated, as well as facts, numbers, and recommended replacements. I believe that with a team, you need to gradually adjust the team based on personal playstyle and success. This team has room for improvement, and I hope you guys can help me along with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harden Cox
Rupt Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jhang's OU Team - The Ever Evolving Team - Gen V   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm

Love the team but what i love even more is how much i laughed very funny sir

Jhang's OU Team - The Ever Evolving Team - Gen V
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokerupt :: Pokemon! :: Rate My Team :: OU-
Jump to: