Praise Be To The Sun God.

HomeHome  Chat RoomChat Room  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum Time
Latest topics
» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

» Rate my team
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm by Kisame

» Reason why you should buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm by Kisame

» Knack
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 pm by Gary Oak

» Important Poll
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm by Gary Oak

» Suggestion
Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm by Gary Oak

Top posting users this month

Share | 

Kara no Kyoukai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schylige

PostSubject: Kara no Kyoukai   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Edit: I finished it and I can honestly say it was one of the best shows I've seen. The first 6 movies were very good..But the last one. The last one make it amazinggggg besides the absolute amazing plot line but there was drug dealers, insane Marijuana and other drugs even farms of them which is shown. And of course you get the epic fight scene with the main character..A guy killing people and eating their flesh because bitches need to get their protein. Oh and the main character gets raped too(Litterally). Best show ever. Not joking either. 9/10

If you don't want to read this, go to the bottom and watch the video, it is a very excellent review on this.

Genres: horror, psychological, romance, supernatural
Themes: gore, Magic, murder

This is my review on Kara no Kyoukai. This series is a mystery series but very dark. It isn't some high school teenage boy where fangirls can draw as much yaoi fan art as their heart desire. This is just plain murder mysteries. Now before I get into that I would like to mention that this isn't a normal series. There is no episodes, it is a series of movies.(7 Movies in total) And the movies aren't in chronological order just as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Chronological Order:
2 4 3 1 5 6 7

1995 (Movie 2)

March

Mikiya meets Shiki for the first time on a snowy night.

April

Shiki enters high school and gets acquainted with Mikiya.

September

Murders begin to occur in the city. The most likely suspect is Shiki, but Mikiya thinks otherwise.

February

Shiki is involved in a traffic accident and spends two years in hospital in a coma.

March

Mikiya enters a university after graduating from high school.

May

Mikiya sees one of Tōko's dolls at an exhibition.
Mikiya meets Tōko.
Mikiya quits attending the university halfway through.

June (Movie 4)

Shiki awakens. After getting discharged, Shiki agree to work for Tōko.

July (Movie 3)

Shiki confronts an assassin that can bend anything with her mind who suffers from constant pain.

August

recalled out summer – Gospel in the Future (未来福音 Mirai Fukuin?) Möbius ring

September (Movie 1)

Suicides begin to occur at an abandoned building.

October–November (Movie 5)

A boy runs away from home, after having killed someone. While he is getting beaten by former classmates, Shiki helps him get away and he asks her for a place to hide.

January (Movie 6)

A mage resides in a girl's academy, using faeries to create havoc. Shiki infiltrates with the help of Mikiya's sister, Azaka.

February (Movie 7)

The murders from four years ago resume, and Shiki finally confronts the killer.

Anyways this show is pretty dark as the view will see quite a bit of blood, Limbs chopped off, heads cut off and just rooms with limbs scattered everywhere(You do see it happen generally) Oh and a girl gets raped(lolol). But on the brighter side you do see tits, not just tits but you also see their nipples. So enjoy that part, but again warning for anybody who has a weak stomach.

What made this anime very interesting was that each movie wasn't made by the same director

Director:
Ei Aoki (ep 1)
Mitsuru Obunai (ep 3)
Shinsuke Takizawa (ep 7)
Takahiro Miura (ep 6)
Takayuki Hirao (ep 5)
Takuya Nonaka (ep 2)
Teiichi Takiguchi (ep 4)

The main character:

Kara no Kyōkai follows the story of Shiki Ryōgi, a teenage girl who possesses the "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception", a supernatural ability that allows the user to see the inherent mortality of everything (both living and non-living) in the form of lines and a single point (which is the "origin" of the object). Trained as a demon hunter, Shiki originally possessed two distinct personalities, a male personality SHIKI (織), and the original female personality Shiki (式), until a traffic accident kills her male personality and leaves Shiki comatose for two years.

When she awakens, she is reunited with Mikiya Kokutō, a friend who had fallen in love with her and promised to attend college with her. Mikiya, whose hopes of attending college with Shiki had been crushed when she fell into her coma, dropped out of college and began working as an investigator for a puppet-maker and powerful sorceress, Tōko Aozaki. To remain close to Mikiya, his sister Azaka also joins Tōko's detective agency, Garan no Dou. With Mikiya, Shiki works for Tōko to investigate paranormal events and resolve them with force if necessary.

She is also granted a power called the Mystical Eyes of Death Perception which allows her to see the deaths of all things.

I won't do a huge review because this video( Which I HIGHLY recommend to watch reviews it for me)