Pokerupt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise Be To The Sun God.

HomeHome  Chat RoomChat Room  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum Time
Latest topics
» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
My OU Team EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
My OU Team EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

» Rate my team
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm by Kisame

» Reason why you should buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm by Kisame

» Knack
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 pm by Gary Oak

» Important Poll
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm by Gary Oak

» Suggestion
My OU Team EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm by Gary Oak

Top posting users this month
No user

My OU Team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My OU Team Empty
PostSubject: My OU Team   My OU Team EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:17 pm

So I've heard about a new Azelf set so I decided to try it. And now I need a sweeper. What good, bulky sweeper could I use? Bulky Vaporeon, Offensive Swellow, mixing both types, I found myself a Gyarados to use! Okay, I need something to cover up Gyarados' weakness to rock and electric. Ground type is most suitable for this. So which ground type is a good bulky sweeper?

Hippowdon! Okay, time to cover up Hippowdon weaknesses - Water, Ice and Grass. So I need a Pokemon that could learn super effective moves against these three types. At first I thought of Fire. But somehow something went wrong with my and I went to find Electric instead. However I stumbled upon Zapdos and Zapdos could learn Heat Wave, so I decided to add it in.

Okay I really need a Fire type AND a fighting type to take care of Ice and Grass, so I decided to add Infernape. Okay, I practically have my weaknesses covered up. So what's my last Pokemon going to be? I decided to add Gengar in.

My Team

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Atk / 216 Spd / 144 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion

Ahh, the new Azelf set. This set is quite simple, however, could take care of Machamp leads. Colbur Berry weakens Dark-type moves. Once Azelf is low on health, BOOM!

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

The bulky set of Gyarados. Pretty much self-explaining. However, sometimes it's risky to use DD in case the opponent switches to a Grass or Electric Type. Must cut down on Taunt cause the opponent sometimes predicted Taunt Sad

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 32 Def / 172 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I was actually thinking of using the Stockpile Hippowdon, but I find this set more interesting. Curse to up my defense while SDef stays strong. Earthquake is my main STAB move and Stone Edge for flying types/levitate Pokemon.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Spd / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave

Looking at my team, I need somewhat a Special Wall. I've been thinking of adding Light Screen instead of TW, but I went for that anyway. TW on the switch, Thunderbolt for STAB, Heat Wave for Ice Pokemons and Roost when low on HP!

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Perhaps the common offensive Infernape. This is actually Mixed Infernape. I rarely use HP Ice on Dragons cause I want them to think that I don't have them, and surprise them later. Less Dragons these days Sad

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 34 HP / 252 Spd / 222 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter
- Explosion

Yes, this is indeed an OU team just for the fact I wanted to start OU battling again and wanted to make my team the best. Please rate my team from 1 to 10 and give some feedback on what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
Nubagator
★★
Nubagator

My OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My OU Team   My OU Team EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:20 pm

I may not be the best judge of teams, but this is pretty solid, I can't see any gaping flaws in this, so I'll give it a 7 out of 10. the only thing that is slightly problamatic, is the fact, that nothing on this team can outspeed, any base 115s, or any common scarfers, outside of the really slow ones. Gengar is a tad bit gimmicky for my taste. If you wanted a suprising pysical option, I would go sub/focus punch, and in this scenario you will obviously want to switch items, on gengar. Main threat to this team: STARMIE
starmie, can t-bolt gyara, hydro pump/surf gengy and ape, and hippowdon, and can potentially wreck zap with ice beam after SR damage, especially if zap has already switched in once or twice. Just my nitpick. Nice team cat
Back to top Go down
DialaceStarvy
DialaceStarvy

My OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My OU Team   My OU Team EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Swept by Ponyta.

No, I kid. Swept by Gengar after Zapdos dies. You should get a fast revenge killer, possibly putting Scarf on Gengar so you can deal with Starmie too. Can't really be bothered to give a full rate, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lon
★★★
Lon

My OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My OU Team   My OU Team EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Probally shoulda locked this... since this member is gone and isnt going to reply lol Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My OU Team   My OU Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My OU Team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokerupt :: Pokemon! :: Rate My Team :: OU-
Jump to: