Pokerupt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise Be To The Sun God.

HomeHome  Chat RoomChat Room  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum Time
Latest topics
» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

» Rate my team
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm by Kisame

» Reason why you should buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm by Kisame

» Knack
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 pm by Gary Oak

» Important Poll
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm by Gary Oak

» Suggestion
Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm by Gary Oak

Top posting users this month
No user

Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. Empty
PostSubject: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Ok, so I've been meaning to fix the forum and spruce up the site and all that shit, but a recent update to TF2 gave me a giant boner that I'm still recovering from, and if that weren't enough.. We've been talking about making one of those tryhard competitive 6vs6 teams, so thats been taking up my internet time, researching how to go about making and running one.

I've also been working on getting Rupt's TF2 Server going, sadly since it uses my computer as the server, we'd be limited to using it only when I am on, it'd be good for practice though when and if we get into this competitive stuff. So that's been taking up the other half of my internet time, leaving little time for the actual forum work.

Now, I've just learned of the Highlander Tournament taking place soon. I figured it'd be a good intro to competitive play and we'd get a nice medal for just participating. I've sped read through the rules and FAQs, the TL;DR version is:

We make a team of 9 players, we each use a different class so that there are no two of the same class. We then play against another team of 9 on our skill level on predetermined maps. (5CP, PL, and KOTH). Winning a map gets us 3 points, losing gets us none. There's other shit you need to do before the match and right after but that'll be explained if you join. Oh and on some days we might have to play on European servers, that means lag for us in America, might have to turn settings down or take measures to improve performance.

Now a couple people have expressed interest in the tournament so I made a profile on the official site and got as far as the Team Registration. Next thing we should discuss would be our team name.

If you are interested and have TF2, and can make the odd schedules for practice and matches, sign up below.

1. Scout - Schylige
2. Soldier -
3. Pyro - Spriker
4. Demoman - Optix
5. Heavy -
6. Engineer - Labumba
7. Medic - Kis (Thanatos)
8. Sniper - Pteraclaww
9. Spy - Gary Oak (The God of Conquest)

We also need an extra person(s) who will play any class, when someone else can't make it. I doubt we'll fill up this list before the 30th (Sign up deadline) but it's worth a try. I know we have good people for Scout, Engineer, Pyro, and Sniper. I'm best at Medic and Spy and decent at Demoman. Micah is pro at everything but I don't know if he'd want to join in.

Last edited by Kisame on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/kisame88
Harden Cox
Rupt Admin
Harden Cox

Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 pm

I call engie unless Micah wants it then ill take heavy
Back to top Go down
Schylige

Schylige

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 am

I am interested, I will play as scout if you let me. Smile I know basic teamwork and what Scouts are suppose to do on teams. However I can't make the odd schedules as I would assume they would be late at night and me having school would conflict on that, but I can do the odd schedules on the weekends or after school(Generally home around 3:00PM).

As for the name I'm sure somebody will think of some creative name but if they can't we could always jutst go with Team Rupt(Not very good with names..)
Back to top Go down
Gary Oak
Rupt Admin
Gary Oak

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Ill do it i can fill any role just message me on the chat or through facebook i would prefer one of my more preferred classes though such as scout, spy, soldier, combat engi, lolpyro, or spycrab
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Quote :
North Americans and other non-European teams are welcome to participate, providing they are willing to play during European times and on European servers if necessary. We will group regions together as much as possible in order to ease scheduling and avoid server problems.

Well they're gonna try to make it easy for us here by grouping us with other North Americans, I imagine if we make it past the first couple rounds then we won't have a choice but to play on European time which would be late at night and early morning. But ehh. We get 1 wildcard to postpone a match until a better time. As for the team name that's the same thing I came up with, doesn't sound gay or offensive, it'd work for me. (cuz Team Bonerific isn't allowed)

Their site has a forum to find people who are looking for a team. Guess we can do that if we don't find enough people. There's some files we might need to add to our cfg files. I'll figure out exactly what it is later today and upload a copy of it for everyone.

Gary Oak wrote:
Ill do it i can fill any role just message me on the chat or through facebook i would prefer one of my more preferred classes though such as scout, spy, soldier, combat engi, lolpyro, or spycrab

w00t. Then I shall let you know when we start and everything else you might need.
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Yet another update. Our team has been registered as an official team the only thing now is to register on their site so I can add you to the roster. Site is here: http://etf2l.org/ or directly to register: http://etf2l.org/wp-login.php?action=register

You'll need to add your Steam ID in a certain format. You can find it here: http://steamidfinder.com/
Just the numbers.

After doing so post a link to your profile here. Here's the team page: http://etf2l.org/teams/13848/

We have 4/9 people for this, we need at least the 9 to sign up for this tournament.
Back to top Go down
Schylige

Schylige

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Kisame wrote:
Yet another update. Our team has been registered as an official team the only thing now is to register on their site so I can add you to the roster. Site is here: http://etf2l.org/ or directly to register: http://etf2l.org/wp-login.php?action=register

You'll need to add your Steam ID in a certain format. You can find it here: http://steamidfinder.com/
Just the numbers.

After doing so post a link to your profile here. Here's the team page: http://etf2l.org/teams/13848/

We have 4/9 people for this, we need at least the 9 to sign up for this tournament.

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/50881/

Schylige - Scout Role
Back to top Go down
Spriker
★★★
Spriker

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:50 pm

http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/9/99/Soldier_cheers01.wav

Count me in. Pyro or Sniper pl0x.

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/51037/
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 pm

K, added in Spriker.

Also, you need a mic. Should've said that from the beginning.

Bee asked about how we win a map and those kind of details.

Quote :
All teams will be split in different Divisions according to their skill level and 6v6 or 9v9 experience. Each Division will then be divided into groups of 6. In those groups, every team will play each other over 2 maps. Three points will be awarded for each map won. No points are given for a loss.

Quote :
What are the victory conditions for each of the map types?
For the five point CP maps (such as cd_badlands, cp_granary etc.) -
Capturing the final enemy control point wins you the round. The overall map winner is determined by the most rounds won in 30 minutes, or a difference of 5 rounds between the two teams’ scores (for example 5-0, 6-1, 7-2). This win difference allows a match to end before 30 minutes if one team is heavily beating the other.

For cp_gravelpit and cp_gorge -
Team A gets to attack first and then defend whilst Team B attacks. This is one round, the winner is the team that captures the most points, or captures the same number of points the quickest according to the stopwatch. Then a second round is played, where Team A will defend first, then attack whilst Team B defends. This is to allow both teams to have the opportunity to attack first for one round. If both teams have won a round, then a third round must be played as a decider.

For cp_dustbowl and all the payload and payload race maps -
One team attacks first, while the other team defends, then they swap over. This is one round. The winner is the team that captures the most points, or captures the same number of points the quickest according to the stopwatch. only one round is played on these maps.

For King Of The Hill maps -
The team that manages to capture and hold the control point long enough to run their team timer down to 0 will win the round. The team that wins 3 rounds first wins the map.

Quote :
How does stopwatch mode work?
Stopwatch mode is used when playing Attack versus Defence maps such as pl_badwater, cp_dustbowl and plr_hightower. One team attacks first, their aim is to capture as many of the control points that they can. They also set a time that it took them to capture those points. For example, the attacking team might manage to capture 3 control points on cp_dustbowl in 7 minutes. The teams then swap over, with the other team having the chance to attack. They now have two ways of winning the round. If they manage to capture 3 control points in less than 7 minutes then they have won the round. They can also win by managing to capture more control points than their opponent (4 in this case). Please note that each team gets to attack once and defend once in a single stopwatch round.

It doesn't say how many points we need to move on to the next round and shit like that. And I think we'll be facing more than one team per week. We'll be able to talk to the team we're facing to set up a date/time, I believe. If you have any other questions post them here and I'll look them up. Or ask me on the chat.
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:49 am

Hurry up assholes, we need to find our soldier. Today's the last day, sign ups close tomorrow.

Bee suggested I talk to my irl friend about it and I will, but I make no promises cuz he lurrrves his CoD and it may be hard to rip him away for that. Apart from that, he only likes Spy, Medic and Engineer and won't even touch Demoman cuz "he's a fucking useless nigger". He's on our team as an extra atm, under the name "Black Crow".

In the meantime you all need to ask fucking everyone you know if they can play soldier, even somewhat decently. Its not like we'll be facing pros but someone with more TF2 experience would be better than Black Crow.

Also, someone tell Optix how to add his SteamID to his etf2l account cuz he hasn't done that yet.
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

UPDATE:
So they've announced what group we're in. I assume the other teams in the group are the ones we'll be fighting against in the first week.

http://etf2l.org/hl/tables/

We're in Division 6F, Team #4.
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Quote :

Highlander Season 1 Kicking Off

Date November 6, 2011

With over 300 signups and a very diverse audience, the divisions of the first ETF2L Highlander season are now complete, go have a look!

>> Highlander Divisions <<

Teams are seeded across 6 different skill levels, with division 1 being the strongest and most prestigious, and division 6 having the most awesome people. Different regions have been grouped into sub-divisions where possible. If you were too late signing up, or if your team had too few players (less than 10), you can join the waiting list and be placed into the season when another team drops. If you have any questions or requests regarding your division placement, please contact an admin (support page).

Important Highlander Updates

Each week, you will face a different opponent from your division. Week 1 starts Sunday the 13th and will run to Saturday the 19th. You will have to get your match scheduled by the Thursday before the week starts (more info). For example, week 1 starts on Sunday the 13th, so you need to have your week 1 match scheduled by Thursday the 10th at the latest. All further dates can be found in the Calendar. If neither team has a server for your match, ETF2L can provide one for you. Our servers are located in Amsterdam and Germany, kindly provided by Multiplay.

To promote and facilitate highlander practice, we have decided to re-open the ETF2L Highlander Ladder. The map pool includes all of the league maps and some popular highlander and 6v6 maps. All teams are welcome and invited to participate and test the ETF2L ladders. For finding other regular training matches we recommend checking out this thread.

Unfortunately, all popular attack/defense maps still suffer from a bug with the round timer. With no indication that the bugs will be fixed, and Steel being quite vulnerable to the bug, we decided to replace Steel with Gullywash. If the overtime bug happens on Gravelpit (i.e. the round ends after capping in overtime) the full round will have to be replayed. However, teams can agree to replace Gravel Pit with another map, if they don’t want to risk the bug happening. More specific info on this will come at a later date. On Gullywash, make sure to remind the server admin to turn off the item whitelist by using the following command:

rcon mp_tournament_whitelist “”;mp_tournament_restart

Some other important reminders:

• Make sure your team is aware of the  ETF2L rules.

• You can find the latest server config pack here.

• All unlocks are allowed, except for the following set hats: Picture

• If your team wishes to drop the league during the season, please go to this thread.

• Be sure to stay tuned to what’s going on by following your team page, the tables and the forum (make sure you set your preferences).

As always, we urge you to share your opinions on our unlock rules, map pool and rule-set. Naturally, we intend on making some changes for next season and you can help shape those changes.

Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. UpcomingFixtures

Now all I need from people here, is dates/times you can dedicate to playing a couple hours of hardcore TF2 and if you have a mic or some shit, cuz we have to play all our matches in order to get the medal, not just 1 match/round and then give up.
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Our first two matches are scheduled for the following days:

November 16th, 6pm Pacific Standard Time/9pm Eastern Standard Time (2 am in Ireland)
vs. Axl's A+Team

November 19th, 5pm Pacific Standard Time/8pm Eastern Standard Time (1 am in Ireland)
vs. The Almost Goods

As far as I can tell, both teams have far more experience than us, but the important thing is to try your best and have some fun.

PS: If we lose, Imma ban Schy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.   Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2 - Updates, Announcements, and Tournaments - A link-filled thread.
Page 1 of 1