Pokerupt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise Be To The Sun God.

HomeHome  Chat RoomChat Room  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum Time
Latest topics
» Reasons why I don't watch/like Naruto anymore.
Reducing file size EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am by Legen2dkiller

» HI GUYS
Reducing file size EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am by Schylige

» Pokeom X/Y Guide
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm by Kisame

» Old man rivers
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm by Kisame

» Rate my team
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm by Kisame

» Reason why you should buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm by Kisame

» Knack
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 pm by Gary Oak

» Important Poll
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm by Gary Oak

» Suggestion
Reducing file size EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm by Gary Oak

Top posting users this month
No user

Reducing file size

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pteraclaww
★★
Pteraclaww

Reducing file size Empty
PostSubject: Reducing file size   Reducing file size EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 am

Hey there. So, I've got a .PNG animated image (which I'll update to include when I get on the computer). I was wondering if anybody would know how to reduce the file size of the image without loosing the animation, and without loosing too much quality?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php
Kisame
Rupt Admin
Kisame

Reducing file size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reducing file size   Reducing file size EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:39 am

office.microsoft.com wrote:
Pictures can dramatically increase the file size of your 2007 Microsoft Office system
document. To save room on your hard disk drive and to reduce download times, you can reduce image resolution, apply compression with no loss of quality, and discard unwanted
information, such as the cropped parts of an image.

Only certain image types can be optimized, or reduced in file size with minimal loss in quality, and they have to be inserted in your 2007 Office release document in a way that makes them editable by Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, or Microsoft Office Word 2007. To insert a picture or other image, on the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, use the buttons to store the image as a picture file in the 2007 Office release document.

When you do not need every single pixel in an image to get an acceptable version of it for
your target destination, you can reduce or change the resolution. Reducing or changing the resolution can be effective with images that you have scaled to be smaller, because their dots per inch (dpi) actually increase in that case. Changing the resolution can affect image quality.

Tip You may be able to optimize or resize your images by using an external graphics-editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop. For more information, see your graphics program Help.
File type information

You cannot optimize pictures that have a drawing type of format (vector graphics) and file
extensions such as .wmf, .emf, and .eps.

High-resolution images, such as photographs, are good candidates for optimization. Eligible file types include .png,
.jpeg or .jpg,
.tiff,
.bmp, and
.gif.

Tip If you insert a picture from clip art, only the Photographs media type of clip art can be
optimized, because other types of clip art tend to be vector graphics.

=========================================================
Compress a picture
=========================================================

Depending on how many colors are used in a picture, you can reduce the color format of the image (compress) to make its file size smaller. Compressing a picture makes the color take up fewer bits per pixel, with no loss of quality.

1. Click the picture that you want to compress.

2. Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Compress Pictures.

Reducing file size ZA010197855

Note: If you do not see the Picture Tools and Format tabs, make sure that you selected a picture. You may have to double-click the picture to select it and open the Format tab. If you see the Drawing Tools tab, rather than the Picture Tools tab, see When I click a picture, the Drawing Tools tab rather than the Picture Tools tab appears.

3. To compress the selected picture only and not all of the pictures in the document, select the Apply to selected pictures only check box.

4. Click Options, and then under Compression options, select the Automatically perform basic compression on save check box.

Note: The Automatically perform basic compression on save option applies only to the document that is open in the current program. All of the other options in the Compression Settings dialog box apply to all documents in Office Excel 2007, Office PowerPoint 2007, Office Word 2007, and Office Outlook 2007.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/kisame88

Reducing file size
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokerupt :: General Discussions :: Polls, Help, Tips, and Questions-
Jump to: